Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Pattern: Ticking






I call this new pattern Ticking because when shaded, it looks a bit like stitched fabric (to me anyway).  It is really quite simple.  Steps 2 and 3 can be combined but I do them separately so that I can make the space divisions as even as possible.  It helps if I have a starting point.  I tend to get carried away with lines if I don't start from a divided location.

It's a little like Bales at the start and you can start with a grid or just make your ovals at even distances and go from there.

I hope you like this one.  I haven't seen a pattern like this out there in the Zentangle universe but if you have please let me know.  Also:  I had one heck of a time coming up with a name for this one.  If there is another pattern named Ticking let me know and I'll rename it.  I googled and didn't find one, but you know how inexact Google searches can be. 

14 comments:

  1. Hey, I love this pattern. I am putting it in one of my images, today. It's more than a filler, it's a great texture that gives depth and great wave design. Thanks so much for your addition into the realms of the Zentangle world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very glad you like it. Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tangles are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, love this... can't wait to try it some time, would you consider submitting it for a UMT Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cor!! That's really great! A very effective pattern. I've been zentangling for just over a month now, and you can see my efforts on my blog - I'm quite pleased with my recent Zentangle Art which is the direction I seem to be going these days.

    Do you have any instructions for drawing the tangle known as Y-not? I've been looking for it everywhere... It looks easy but I can't seem to get it started!

    Happy tangling, and thanks for sharing this one - it will be a useful filling in pattern.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out your blog! I always love to see what other people are doing. It is so helpful when I get stuck on a spot. I'm headed in Zentangle inspired art as well but it's nice to do a Zentangle to keep inspired.

      I do not have any tips for Y-not. I haven't been successful with that one yet. I'll keep an eye out though and if I see anything to help, I'll pass it along.

      Delete
    2. If you have the book "Yoga for Your Brain", the tangle Etcher (page 6), is the same as Y-Not, according to Sandy Bartholomew. Y-Not is a tangle by CZT Molly Hollibaugh, Maria's daughter, and she has taught it at a couple of the training seminars. Steps have not been published online.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! It would be lovely if that pattern could be published online. I am sure it would be a popular one.

      Hope you enjoy my blog, JJ LaBarbera! I do a lot of things in addition to Zentangle!

      Shoshi

      Delete
  6. Really nice pattern. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks like a very fun addition to my Zentangle world. Thanks so much, looking forward to more ideas and thoughts from you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tangle - wonderful photos too!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one! I have just the project to use it in too. You can check out my blog in a week or so to see it if you like. I am new too (well, about 3 mo now) to Zentangle (R) and love making zentagle inspired art!

    carriesmachinations.blogspot.com

    Thanks!!!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete